Monday, September 7, 2009

The Weeks Ahead

Thanks everyone for forwarding your blog urls. You'll notice that links to your blogs now appear on our course dashboard. Explore each other's posts, sign on as followers, and make a point of keeping up with your classmates' updates. Also, feel free to explore new blog templates as the semester progresses. How you present your thoughts can be as important as the thoughts themselves. To change your blog's layout, explore Blogger's template tab. Those of you with html background can fine-tune your blog with code. For the rest of you, tools like PsycHo provide a fun way to develop and explore new layouts.

As I mentioned at our last meeting, although we will not have a regular class meeting this week, we will be visiting the Wagner Free Institute on 9/11 to discuss our semester project. Meet me in the History Department lobby at 1:30 and we'll walk over together.

Also, as you've probably inferred, I will use our course dashboard as my primary means for communicating with the class. Check here often for updates. I also recommend subscribing to the RSS feed (see upper left portion of dashboard) to have updates appear in your preferred feed reader. Please ask me if any/all of this doesn't make sense and I'll be sure you get up to speed asap.

See you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment